Master Pat Tray
- Full Instructor “Ajarn” for the DC Metro Area representing the World Thai Boxing Association of the USA under world famous Ajarn Surachai Sirisute.
- Full Instructor for JKD and FMA under the extremely talented Sifu Paul Vunak and his Progressive Fighting Systems.
- 3rd Degree Black Belt, under Master Rigan Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association, recognized as the Virginia State and Regional Representative.
- Full Instructor and MMA Coach, under World-Reknown UFC Coach and Former Shootwrestling Light Heavyweight Champion, Erik Paulson in his Combat Submission Wrestling and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu program.
Black Belt BJJ Instructor
Over 35 years of Martial Arts/Defensive Tactics experience with 18 years in law Enforcement as a Tactical and Raids Instructor; Firearms Instructor; Combatives Tactics Instructor; combat and competitive pistol shooter.
Martial Arts Experience
Brazilian (Gracie) Jiu-Jitsu practitioner – 1st Degree Black Belt under Carlson Gracie Jr.
Krav Maga – Civilian / Law Enforcement Instructor.
USA Combatives practitioner.
Japanese Ju-Jitsu practitioner – 4th Degree black belt.
Tae Kwon Do (ITF) – 1st Degree Black Belt.
S.P.E.A.R. Self Defense System Instructor.
Certified Federal Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Instructor.
Certified State of Virginia Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics Instructor.
Also practiced Judo and Karate.
Khun Kru Mikey Custodio
- Full Instructor and 5th Degree Black Belt in Trident Martial Arts (Jeet Kune Do, Muay Thai, JTX Kickboxing, USA Combatives)
- Khun Khru of Muay Thai, Thai Boxing Association of the USA under Ajarn Surachai Sirisute
- MMA and Muay Thai Fighter (stats to be updated soon)
- Full Instructor of Filipino Martial Arts under Guro Pat Tray
- Jun Fan / JKD Instructor Associate Instructor under Guro Dan Inosanto
- BJJ 1st Degree Black Belt, Rigan Machado Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Pat Tray
Coach Jim Imel
Sifu Leonard Stevens
history of martial arts we teach makes Leonard a valuable source of information. An accomplished professional musician, when Leonard turns his hands to martial arts he provides informative and exciting classes for our students.
Leonard is a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, having trained under the legendary Rigan Machado, and a Senior Full Instructor in JTX under Patrick Tray. His instructing qualifications include Associate Instructor in Jeet Kune Do and Filipino Martial Arts at the Inosanto Academy; and Full Instructor in Jeet Kune Do, Filipino Marital Arts and the Total Defense System at the Trident Academy under Patrick Tray. He is also an instructor in Tai Chi Tan long form.
Coach Becky Bringham
Becky is one of our top Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu instructors for both the kids competition team and Women’s Only BJJ on Monday/Wednesday at 6:30PM.
- Black Belt, BJJ under Master Rigan Machado
- Combat Submission Wrestling Coach, Full Instructor Qualified under Erik Paulson
- Multi-Time Jiu-Jitsu and Submission Grappling Champion (competed in nearly 500 matches)
Coach Arturo Ayala
- Black Belt, Master Trident Striking Program
- Instructor, USA Combatives, JTX Kickboxing
- Brown Belt, BJJ under Master Rigan Machado and Master Pat Tray
Coach Jordan Bates
Sensei Percy Johnson
Sensei Percy Johnson holds a Black Belt in the art of Judo.
Percy is also a Brown Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Masters Rigan Machado and Pat Tray.
Train with Sensei Percy on Tuesdays at 7:30PM weekly.
Coach Tony Godinez
Coach Tony teaches our No-Gi MMA & Submission Grappling class on Thursday evenings at 7:30PM.
He is a Brown Belt in BJJ under Master Rigan Machado and Pat Tray.
Marine Corps Martial Arts Program (MCMAP) (Black Belt 1st Degree Instructor)
Coach Mohammad Ali (Mo)
Coach Mo has been with us since he was 15 years old. He assists in the kids Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and kids Muay Thai classes on Monday-Thursday at 5PM. Mo is also a Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu under Rigan Machado and Master Pat. Mo is a MMA fighter about to make his pro debut.